Top seven changes brought by draft amendment to the Slovak VAT Act
The Slovak Ministry of Finance introduced a draft amendment to the Slovak VAT Act bringing the following major changes.
Proposed amendment is planned to be effective from 1 July 2024 and 1 January 2025 (except for amendment of reporting obligation of providers of payment services which is proposed to be effective from 31 March 2024) and brings:
- Introduction of special scheme for small enterprises,
- Changes in VAT registration and VAT deregistration of established as well as non-established taxable persons and in this respect also in deadlines for filing the VAT reports and issuance of invoices,
- Changes in late VAT registration as well as in related reporting,
- Introduction of reverse-charge mechanism upon importation of the goods (subject to further conditions),
- Amendment of the place of supply of services in case of virtual events,
- Introduction of the possibility to claim input VAT deduction from Intra-Community acquisition of the goods also based on another document than an invoice,
- Decrease of the amount upon receipt of which a simplified invoice may be issued (from EUR 1,000 to EUR 400).
We will keep you informed on the next steps within the legislative process.