Last month’s tax and legal news in brief.
- Effective from 1 January 2023, the tax authorities register individuals and legal persons ex-offo based on data of the register of legal entities, entrepreneurs and public authorities registered into the Commercial Register and Trade Licence Register. As the result, the tax authorities issue the registration decision with the assigned tax ID and a personal account number of the taxpayer into electronic mailboxes.
- Effective from 1 February 2023, the amendment to the Commercial Code will simplify the establishment of a limited liability company and branch of enterprise or enterprise of foreign legal entity, which has its registered seat in one of EU Member States or EEA Agreement States. The Memorandum of Association can be created ellectronically, the standardized form has already published by Ministry of Justice.
- The Financial Administration published electronic forms for personal (type A, B) and corporate income tax returns which came into force on 1 January 2023.
- The amendment to the Slovak VAT Act effective as of 1 April 2023 changes temporary decrease of VAT rate (from 20% to 10 %) for transportation of passengers by cable cars and ski lifts, for restaurant and catering services and entrance to sports facilities for sporting purposes, to fitness centres and to artificial swimming pools to permanent. More information about the amendment to the Slovak VAT Act can be found at this link.
- According to the information provided by the President of Slovak Financial Administration Jiří Žežulka, the preparation of the draft law on sending invoice data to the Financial Administration by taxpayers (the so-called "e-invoicing") is postponed indefinitely.
- The Financial Administration has updated the tax calendar for the year 2023, which you can import into your mobile devices. More information can be found at this link.
Do you have a question? Write us.
Our experts will answer your questions