15 March 2023
One sentence summary | March 2023
Last month’s tax and legal news in brief.
- The Financial Administration in cooperation with the State Treasury offer taxpayers the ability to pay their taxes and administrative fees online using a credit card. More information can be found at this link.
- The amendment to the Income Tax Act extends deductible expenses for employers to include expenses incurred for the operation of their own nurseries and kindergartens.
- Find out how to manage the immigration process and what to consider when preparing your documentation from our Immigration and Global Mobility experts. More useful tips and an overview of the most common situations that complicate the successful processing of applications at the Foreign Police can be found here.
- The Financial Administration has prepared a specialised section with useful information on tax obligations for Ukrainians. It will also gradually publish information materials in the Ukrainian language.
- The discussion on the increase of the special levy on business in regulated sectors and its extension to banks has been postponed to the current March meeting of the Parliament.
- The European Central Bank has raised key interest rates for the fourth time in recent months. From 22 March 2023, the interest rate on the main refinancing operations and the interest rates on the marginal lending facility and the deposit facility will be increased to 3.50%, 3.75% and 3.00% respectively.
- Find out what is the procedure for liquidating a company and what tax obligations arise from the closing a business. We have prepared an overview of the most frequently asked questions, which you can read here.